Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ceska Babicky (Czech Grandmas)

I didn't realize until I downloaded my photos that I had a theme going on. . . .

For Family Home Evening the young adults visited a nursing home to visit Babicka Dana who was celebrating her 83rd birthday. She is one of the oldest long time members in the Czech Republic. We brought her flowers and sang to her. She and her daughter, who is not a member were most grateful and it was a tender experience for all of us.


On Saturday we ate and learned how to make "knedliky ovecem" (dumplings with fruit) from
Babicky Jana and Anicka.
The young adults hosted a "RETRO PARTY" with music from the 60's to 80's.
Some of our beautiful girls!



Members young and old had a great time. . .
Especially Babicka Emilie!


(Don't ask why it uploaded on it's side, I couldn't have done this if I tried!)
"Natalie, HELP!"


4 comments:

  1. Very cute lady dancing! That made me smile Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like all Grandmas dance the same, no matter what country they are from. :) Its fun to see what you are up to and the people you are with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your pictures remind me of being out in the field. Guess missions are pretty much the same the whole world round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep- dancing grandma is still funny the 5th time I have watched it!

    ReplyDelete