Friday, July 17, 2009

Bohemian Paradise or Cesky Raj

We went on a spectacular "vylet" outing with the office staff this week. (Mike is afraid that when the new office couple arrives we won't be in the "in group" anymore! ) We left the mission office in a rain storm and although we had to hike under our umbrellas . . . it only added to the ambience of the scenery!


The rain, fog and mist enhanced the views!
at Trotsky Castle









with Elders Kartchner and Nowland




Elders Lindsay and Robbins


Elder Guzy and Sestra Robbins


Elder Kartchner exploring!?!



As Sister Slovacek said, "This is where Zions National Park meets the Amazon."






On to Valdstein castle, with Pres and Sister Slovacek in the middle




more gorgeous views...



Oh and this castle has a real dungeon






"Come and see it Mike, I promise I won't close the door."

Gotcha!


5 comments:

  1. Those are really cool pictures. I think they beat our Yellowstone ones! And I had a brief childhood flashback when I read and saw the dungeon pictures. "Kari, just go in the bathroom. I promise I won't lock it!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh spooky castle!! And, Kari, see it's in my genes to tell you those lies:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny. I'm laughing out loud. Dad's little hand coming out of that dungeon. So funny. Apparently Michelle stole that line from you Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible pictures! I laughed out loud at the last two! hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Scenery--are you sure you are on a mission and not an extended sight seeing tour?

    ReplyDelete