Sunday, January 24, 2010

Just a lime green bag

The month before we left for the Czech Republic, my sisters and I were at lunch for Margie's birthday. Margie is the "champion shopper" in our family and when she finds a good deal she not only stocks up for herself, but she generously buys one for her daughters, daughter-in laws, sisters and sister-in-laws. At "HER" birthday lunch she gave each of us a little fold-up bag!
This is my cute lime green bag.
Very convenient to keep in your purse just in case. At the last minute I popped it into my suitcase to bring on my mission. "Might just come in handy.", I thought. HANDY!?!? The scriptures say that out of the small and weak proceed that which is great.
A good portion of this mission has involved shopping for, fixing and serving food! I calculate this little unassuming bag has carried groceries for 59 family home evening dinners, (and counting), treats for 81 outreach evenings, monthly activities, plus our personal shopping trips. Remember everything I buy has to be hand carried home or to church via the tram or metro. (subway) This cute lime green bag is one tough "cookie"!!!!
It has carried well over 1500 lbs of groceries and it's still going strong!!!!
I love this little bag.
(Margie whatever you paid it was a bargain!!!!)
Thank you, thank you

4 comments:

  1. I agree with Gaylene. You can always count on Aunt Margie to find a good deal. "Here's some eggs your mother sent home with Emily, and here's a present for you, and here's, well, here's a bowl that I found at Market Square that is just like your mother's dishes." Everyone needs an Aunt Margie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to read about your little green bag! To tell you the truth I think I only paid .99 for it. You know me, $1.99 would have been way too much. When we came out to Boston for Mikaela's graduation we saw the very same bag at a little exclusive boutique for $10.00. I guess reading about it's many uses .99 was a good deal. I am so glad that a little small gift could be so useful. Sure love ya all!

    ReplyDelete