Friday, October 30, 2009

"GPS"

At a zone conference not long ago, Sister Slovacek did a training on the importance of having a GPS= "Great Personal Study". We know that is vital to missionary work, but we have also learned the importance of having a GSP when driving in the Czech Republic. This month we started an outreach every Wednesday in the city of Hradecs Kralove, which is approximately 90 miles east of Prague. Our GPS has safely and accurately taken us to our destination and home again, although "we" have wanted to argue with it, we have learned to have faith in our GPS. What a great experience we have had in Hradecs. The first week only these three young people came, along with the missionaries.

After just four weeks we are up to eleven young people!!

There are some sweet miracles happening there. Many Mongolians are joining the church and I asked the Elders how they teach people who understand a little English and a little Czech? They told me they have Preach My Gospel in Mongolian, English and Czech. They point to the section in the book they want to explain and then the Holy Ghost does the teaching.
(Is that not faith!?!)


Last week we didn't have a car available and so we took the train. It was fun and relaxing to travel the rails and enjoy the countryside fly by. (No arguing with the GPS!)

Some family home evenings in Prague. . .
Writing thank you notes after a lesson on gratitude.


Two of the original church pioneers in the Czech Republic. Sestras Vilymova and Novakova came and shared their testimonies.


Last Thursday as I sat in the institute class in Prague my heart was touched and my eyes filled with tears as I observed 19 (a record attendance) gathered together with a desire to learn the gospel from the Book of Mormon, gain strength from each other and keep the commandments. It is a privilege to be apart of this work.


4 comments:

  1. I just realized that I missed the last zoo post- with yertle the turtle in it too:) I'm humming the song right now- takes me back to 8 years old learning to play the piano. Also, I'm thinking by "we" you meant dad:) arguing with the GPS:) I'm just thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is neat to read about the success you and the Lord are having in the Czech Republic. And I agree with Michelle I believe the "we" who argue with the GPS are dad and the mouse in his pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about you today and hope you have a Happy, Happy Birthday! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure been thinking about you and hope you had a happy birthday. I sent a little birthday package but didn't get if off soon enough to arrive for your birthday. We have been suffering with H1N1. Nils brought it home from school. Cheree got sick. I went to help Cheree and the next day Sven started getting sick and so they took him to the doctor and he was diagnosed with H1N1. The sickness just kept moving down the family. I got it, Finn, Craig and finally Keith got it. Leif went and spent the week with Cheree's parents and so he was the only one out of the bunch that didn't get it. Unfortunately, we missed Ben's homecoming. I understand he had a great report. Happy Birthday!! Love Ya.

    ReplyDelete