Friday, January 9, 2009

"On the street where we live."

The "land once cold" is cold again today - 9 degrees
Our apartment on Luzicka in the Vinohrady district of Prague
No grafitti on the outside of our apartment building, which is significant over here.
Elder Waldo (not so hard to find) in the front room, enjoying a treat!


Sestra Robbinsova home from a grocery excursion. Four blocks to the tram, then two more to Tesco. All to be repeated with all the groceries I could carry. Starsi Robbins usually comes to be the bag boy, but this was a lighter shopping day.

Every morning when we look out the living room window we expect to see Burt
aka. Dick Van Dyke and the chimney sweeps dancing across these rooftops.
We are 5 stories up and it made a great vantage point for viewing the fireworks on New Years eve. Not just in one or two locations but all over the entire city. Individuals light even the big, high exploding kind, we normally see on the 4th of July. It was a firework war, that went on for 45 minutes!!!! I thought I had it all on video, but apparently my video skills are not as proficient as I thought! (I'm sure my children are shocked!!. Where are they when I need them?)





8 comments:

  1. If you look at the first picture of dad, you can see good old Reba with some snow on her! I thought you guys got rid of that tuna can, but nope, you brought her with you on your mission!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey folks, I am sitting next to Debi Kofford showing off my heritage to her. She is very impressed with your blogging abilities. She says I'm a good teacher. :) Now I'm teaching Debi how to do the same. We love you guys. Looks like everything is still going great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s.
    What the? Where is the on button? Please will some one will just show me where the on button is on this thing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. mom your video didn't work?! To quote Buddy the Elf "SHOCKING!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sister Robbins...I'm stalking your blog! haha. This is Katie "Grant". I saw your link on Michelle's blog. So fun to see the pictures in Prague. It looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its fun to see where you live. It looks very quaint. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool looking place to be living. Thanks for sharing these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems so quaint. I am reminded of some curtains, like the ones behind Mike, that were hanging in my grandmother's kitchen here at our house, not too long ago. They really look like the same material. We did send them to DI!
    It sounds like you having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete