Saturday, September 13, 2008

One more week!?


This has been a busy week, with many last things to accomplish and decide. We have been looking for a scripture to go with our placque that will be displayed at church and were considering many different references, ( the scriptures certainly have a lot of good things in them":) and Dad found the the one that was written just for us....



"... I will bless you and your family, yea your little ones: and the day cometh that they will believe and know the truth and be one with you in my church.
Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come: and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation."
Doctrine and Covenants 31: 2 - 3


We had a family photo taken last week with all the new members of our family. This one with all thirteen little people was a riot to be part of! It is because of them and their parents that it makes it so hard for us to leave, but on the other hand it's because of them that we need to serve this mission. So I want them to know why I feel so strongly about this mission and my testimony of the gospel.

To my Grandchildren: Taylor, Finn, Jeffrey, Michael, Annie, Easton, Katie, Jacob, Emma, Suzie, Brett, Will, Ashley and more to come:
What I want you to Know:

You are a beloved child of God. Your parents and your grandparents anxiously awaited your arrival and joyously welcomed you into our family. This is an eternal family and you will always have us to love, support and pray for you.

The only way you will truly be happy is to be obedient to Heavenly Father. He loves you so much he was willing to give his son, Jesus Christ to show the way then to die for us so we could return to live with Him. There will be challenges and trials and difficult things that will come into your life but He will always surround you with those to help you through.

Joseph Smith is the prophet who restored the Church of Jesus Christ. He translated the Book of Mormon through the power of God. I love that book and hope you will read it and come to love it too.

We have a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson here upon the earth. He is here to help you. As you listen and learn from him you will be blessed. As you listen the Holy Ghost will help you know things that are true and things that you should be doing in your life. You are some of Heavenly Father’s chosen spirits and he expects good things from you and so do I.

With all my love,

Grandma Shauna



7 comments:

  1. now why do you have to post a post like this... it makes it seem like you are really going to go:( seriously, it made me cry and i'm proud of you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma Shauna... you will be missed! Thanks for your post and your testimony. I know it was intended for the kiddies, but I enjoyed it too. The countdown is on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One week to go- but probably more like a month! Geez, thanks for making me cry. We will all miss you, but know you are doing the right thing. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me cry! What a perfect scripture and a beautiful testimony. All my best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great scripture!! Good luck on your mission, I will keep checking in on your progress and the "happy happenings, happening with your family!! They will be blessed, as will the two of you while you are out serving your missions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for the new blog. the kiddo picture turned out nice-thanks for not posting the one with Emma featuring one finger up each of her nostrils!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your scripture...it is perfect! We love and admire you both so much. Beautiful family you two! We are proud of you and will enjoy the updates. Love, Mike and Rosy

    ReplyDelete